Friday, April 16, 2021

Janissa’s Self Portrait Project

 






I would like to start off by saying that I am not the best at drawing realistic faces and I tried my best, Ive only drawn animated characters my whole life so this was something a little new to me. In my self portrait I tried to incorporate idea’s from a few of the artist. I loved Amy Sheralds use of graphite for the body of the portrait and then using color for the clothing, so I drew myself and shaded it in pencil and then painted my hoodie. Fun Fact, the hoodie is actually a Keith Haring hoodie and I painted that one not only because it is my favorite hoodie but because he is also an artist so I thought it was cool (I ran out of white paint so the blue of the hoodie is very off it is supposed to be a very pretty light blue :/ ). My background is inspired by Jean Michel Basquiat by the drawing that is in the squares, also inspired by Andy Warhol by using a repeated image with bright pop out colors in boxes. For the background I used Milo markers and paint markers, the hoodie is painted with acrylic paint, and the face is drawn with pencils and shaded with shading tools. 



No comments:

Post a Comment