Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Flag Self Portrait

 


When given this assignment, the first thing I thought of was Self. Personally,I have grown so much as a person over the years and I wanted to highlight that. During my middle school years, ages 11-13, I was bullied for having extra teeth, for being skinny, for not having boobs, for not having a butt, for wearing certain things etc and those comments stuck with me for a very long time. Even now, I still hear those comments when I look in the mirror. The way I viewed myself  didn’t get better until I was about 17 turning 18. I grew to love the skin I was in and realized that I was perfect in my own Zahria way. 

I decided to put the words all over my reflection to show all the thoughts that would rush through my mind when I looked in the mirror. I purposely made all the words different colors to represent the fact that they were separate thoughts. The saying on the top “Mirror Mirror, I AM PERFECT” is to show that despite what my insecurities may tell me, I am beautiful inside and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment