Thursday, April 15, 2021

Self Portrait Project - Big Money Sign

 Dollar Sign by Andy Warhol for Sale | Guy Hepner NYC

Some materials that I use while doing this project were color pencils and a poster-board and I also used crayons.  The reason why I used color pencils was because it was easier to color on the board.  When it comes to coloring with crayons or colored pencils the shading is usually different. The process I went through was kind of hard.  I personally was trying to figure out what I could relate to when it came to the artist.  The reason why I was inspired by the “Dollar Sign” by Andy Warhol was because I like money a lot and I think that it plays a big factor on my life.  Fashion and media play a role in identity and cultural and societal norms because in today's society that is what people are aiming for.  People post all of the fashion of social platforms because people are glued to the internet.  Honestly people are influenced by other peoples fashion because they want to dress like them or look like them.  Some themes that are addressed in the work of the artists is identity. So the meaning of my project is very simple.    The artist that inspired my project was Andy Warhol because he is a free hand drawer.  It seems to be that when Andy is drawing his portraits has to do with collages. I feel like my project speaks about money.  Money played a big factor to Andy Warhol because money meant a lot to him. Not only did Andy love money but he totally understood it. 
Quotes: 
“Fashion might suggest that we share the aesthetic valves circulate around desirable objects” pg:190 
“The importance of fashion cannot be underestimate as an influence on the everyday world we inhabit” pg: 192 
“Fashion is a system of classification that engages the imagination and trains us to recognize the symbolic impact of material goods” pg: 195

No comments:

Post a Comment