Sunday, February 7, 2021

Flag Self portrait

 





"completed the day of the recent presidential election. Depicting the American flag on two panels separated by five inches, the flag reflects the current symptomatic divide in the country.”

I grew up in Egypt, I always had dreams to move to the USA. That great country where police always work to make citizen feel that they are always safe; the feeling that I missed the most in my country. There, we always hear about policemen using their power to mistreat people. With the recent events of George Floyd, I now know that police can be abusive anywhere. It depends on persons not the country. Anywhere we can find the good and the evil, peace and war.

          My heart is now divided between Egypt and the United States. They both create my identity, they both define who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment