Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Ava's Flag


When creating my flag, I wanted to display two sides of who I am as a person because it is important to always be honest with your past and to be true to who you are. The middle shows a heart where the left half is broken off and the right half is still being held up by flowers. The left side demonstrates a chaotic resemblance of how my mind feels when in a dark place. I included tears, anxiety, and described the hard feelings I think about. I included bottles of alcohol because someone in my family has suffered from alcohol addiction and it has greatly affected me growing up. The right side shows what brings me joy, such as, being with family and friends, music, having a job, and good grades. Instead of surrounding these pictures with harsh words like the left side, I included many positive, uplifting words to contrast each other. This side shows the happy, outgoing version of myself that I truly am. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment