Monday, May 10, 2021

FINAL SELFIE PROJECT

 









   The subject and theme of my final project has to do with expressing emotions, pain and your dark humor. This is my final selfie project which I chose to do a photoshoot into a collage type thing because I knew I can relate to the selfies she would do and what the meaning is. I also loved how Frida expressed herself in the portraits. Which Frida Kahlo inspired me to do this shoot. This process was very inspiring since Frida is one of my favorite artists and I had two different outfit changes plus the flower crown to add on to which Frida always had on her. The flower crown is what defined her as an artist. But I did go to a lot of stores and find materials for the flower crown to make it similar to Fridas. I also added some color lipstick to my lips since she always had red lipstick on as well. The backdrop to the last picture was also photo shopped because I could not find a flower backdrop anywhere. The flower jumper I picked out because Frida had used a-lot of flowers in her portraits and since I did not have a backdrop with flowers I decided to not go with a flower outfit. The blazer was to sort of cover myself as Frida had in some of her pictures she never had pictures that show much skin. I was inspired with these three different pictures of Frida Kahlo because her portraits and her as an artist she expresses herself with in her artwork are symbols and metaphors that reflect her emotions, her pain and anguish, even her dark humour. . Also her self portraits each one of them valued a moment of her life or a political issue in her home country which was Mexico. This selfie collage conveys to the audience and viewers as knowing to understand what someone has been through but not expressing through conversations but yet artwork and self portraits the way they pose, present themselves in the portraits goes a long way. The difference between my first three selfies and my final is I changed outfits and more value through portraits as too adding more effects and background into it so my selfie can pop out more. Also for the final I took some time to think about what kind of outfits I am going to use as even backdrops into it. Something that influences this change was my professor because she was giving me ideas as she showed me a flower crown that one of her students made in one of her previous classes and she made one for herself as well so the student gave the professor one and used one for her project. She also told me to think outside the box as I previously told her I was going to end up painting instead. I do feel like I learned a lot with the different artists we discussed. I was interested in most of the artists which I put more effort in than others and it helped me learn more about myself. The media and its images influence identity and self presentation because no matter what someone is going to say something about you and the media is a huge part of this since everyone believes what they put on social media is always true. Posting on social media something different than what you are as a person in real life is also the big deal.

                                                                    Quotes 

    "The tradition, however, still forms many of our cultural assumptions. It defines what we mean by pictorial likeness. Its norms still affect the way we see such subjects as landscape, women, food, dignitaries, mythology". Pg 84 

"The rules of etiquette can appear frivolous and superficial ; they are, after all, not obviously related to the important activities of commerce and politics. Yet they are the medium through which everyday instrumental and pragmatic activities are expressed". (Pg 77) 


"It minimum the self is bifurcated, it has a double ; there is the conscious and unconscious, private and public, civilized and base, good and bad, and we can create ourselves as well-rounded beings from the management of these seemingly opposed elements. (Pg 126) 



No comments:

Post a Comment