Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Weekly Selfie : Andy Warhol and Jean-Michel Basquiat

 


A way that I “Self Care” is not just going out to eat but by getting steak from Outback Steakhouse. Steak is my favorite food so whenever I feel like I need extra love my boyfriend and I or my family and I indulge in some steak. Just over the weekend I went with my family to go get some steak.


Finkelstein, Chapter 3 Identity

 

"We are in an era where impressions matter, and where representation is both an asset and a liability"

 

I chose this quote because I agree with what was said. First impressions matter. The way you present yourself to someone will stick with them for a very long time. In addition to that, it is very hard to alter someone’s impression of you. The way you represent and carry yourself is essential to your character because it shows people who you are and what you value. 

 

"He depicted the bustling city centres of Europe as platforms or stages upon which individuals continuously practiced being ‘somebody’."

 

The quote before this one spoke about clothing and how clothing gave people the chance to express themselves as if they were on stage. I chose this quote because it shows that you can be anything you want to be. The world is your stage and you can treat it as such.




No comments:

Post a Comment