Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Last self portrait



"I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone because I am the person I know best."
"They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn't. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality"

I got inspired by Frida Kahlo because she was forced to stay home for a long time due to a bad injury caused by a car accident and she was always alone so she decided to paint self-portraits since she was always alone.
Now, and during the pandemic, all of us were forced to stay home, and sometimes we were alone and depressed and I thought that we can use this time to sit with ourselves and think about all the good things in our life that get us to this point.
For my final project, I was thinking to do of taking some of Frida Kahlo’s self-portraits and edit them so anyone can use his pictures in it and it may inspire people to explore themselves and know more about their identity during this pandemic while they were setting alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment