Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Jaz Graf

    


        Unfortunately, I was unable to attend her virtual presentation, but I did do my research on her website and her Instagram page.  Immediately after opening her website, I was met with four categories of her art. This included print, bookwork, drawing and sculpted paper. My personal favorite was Sculpted Paper. After reading her blog, I learned that she makes her own paper out of Abaca and Flax fibers and I love that. I love how she embraces the history of paper and the influence it had on culture, knowledge and tradition. In addition to being on her website, I also skimmed through her Instagram page. While I was exploring I saw more of her paper art and was ultimately in awe. I love how she made her beautiful pieces from scratch. It is truly inspiring


No comments:

Post a Comment