Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Selfie with Frida Kahlo


            I used Frida Kahlo's "Slefie Portrait with Loose Hair" because this portrait was painted the time she was recovering from surgery and she looked exhausted in the picture. She had loose hair as I did in my selfie. Although she was not the healthiest at this time in her life she looks well and portrays that image. In my selfie, I was not at my best as well, I was stressed with school on top of that, I was barely getting any sleep becuase I would come back from work late and wake up early the next day for class. Although I was not doing well, my selfie does not show it just as Frida's portrait.

Imposters, Tricksters and Spies - Joanna Finkelstein

"Over time, while the family established roots and become more prosperous, Martin may have felt the pressures of family expectations to build on the successes of the migrant experience."(Page 47)

"The methodology for uncovering the social rules that governed behaviour was simply to break them; Garfinkel suggested to students of ethnomethodology that they act in unpredictable and sometimes anti-social ways in order to break up a particular social scene and reveal its prescriptive scaffolding."(Page 54)

 John Berger

"An image became a record of how X had seen Y. This was the result of an increasing consciousness of individuality, accompanying an increasing awareness of history."(Page 10)

"The compositional unity of a painting contributes fundamentally to the power of its image, it is reasonable to consider a painting’s composition"(Page 13)

 Overlooked No More: Ana Mendieta

"Ana Mendieta’s art was sometimes violent, often unapologetically feminist and usually raw."

" Mendieta adopted those forms  and added her own style, mixing elements of performance, body and land art into one work, then capturing it through photography or Super-8 film."

 Word of  Frida Kahlo 

Emotional, Raw, Fertility, Feminist, Creative, Rare, Communist, Dramatic, Symbolic, Powerful, Caring, Innovative, Inspiring, Surrealism, Abstract

Words of My Selfie 

Different, Comfortable, Natural, Appealing, Fatigued, Simple, Fresh, Original, Graceful, Effortless, Balanced

       

          

             

                 


                 

      

 


No comments:

Post a Comment