Monday, January 25, 2021

Selfie with Cindy Sherman

 

1) Cindy Sherman Photo 
2) My photo 

    The photograph inspired me most to remake one of Cindy Sherman photos were one of her black and white portraits.  In this photo I see a young women frowning towards the camera.  Cindy Sherman created this photo because she use to get lonely back then.  She also didn't have that many friends back then and she didn't know what to do with herself.  This photo shows that the lady is going through something mentally.  The background of this photo is very dark.  The black and white color scheme adds a very classic touch that is added to the photo. I believe both photos have similar characteristics such as the background.  The photo I took is very similar to Cindy Shermans photo because I smirked in my photo.  I'm a person that is always smiling or laughing.  I find a lot of things funny and everybody finds me funny/interesting. Cindy Sherman doesn't repeat her portrait photos at all.  A quote that I have from one of the readings is " Weem's black and white photographs are like mirrors, each reflecting a collective experience."  What this is trying to say is that each black and white photo has a meaning to it. The Cindy Sherman photo has a meaning that it leaves such as loneliness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment