Sunday, January 31, 2021

Selfie with Carrie Mae Weems (Wednesday 2/3)

 

 

Carrie Mae Weems is best known for her black and white Kitchen Table series.  She created pictures that symbolize her life.  Carrie is at a table sitting with her head into her knees because it seems like she had a hard day or she’s going through something.  She’s sitting alone at the table with a glass of wine.  Each one of Carrie photos has a meaning behind it.  Carrie is alone because she probably needs a break from everything.  I recreated this photo because it shows a lot of emotion. I choose the Hookah to replace the wine because if I have a hard day I usually smoke some hookah to calm my nerves.  

 

Article: When Artist Create Flags 

  1. “ Where all people have dignity, regardless of their nationality.

  2. “The resilience of the human spirit to survive” 


Article: Painting with words, writing with colors

  1. “This is my way of marketing the experience, something I see over and over again in my daily life.”



No comments:

Post a Comment